Recovering a locked profile
Normally a lock is released when you:
- Switch out of edit mode or change profiles.
- Change to another tab without making changes.
You might need to unlock a profile if a Monitor Console instance ends without releasing a lock, or if a user cannot log out for some reason.
Be extremely careful using this feature, since you can cause data loss by overwriting another user's changes.
To recover a locked profile
- Right-click on the lock icon and select Profile Lock Recovery. This might require additional security rights.
- Select the user whose locks you wish to release.
- Agree to unlock all locks by that user on that host.
To unlock a different user's profile
- On the BTM tab, right-click on the profile's lock icon.
- Select Profile Lock Recovery. Only Unlock profile lock for other user: should be selectable. This resets the lock.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you