Preparing for installation
Before you begin the installation process, BMC strongly recommends that you review the Planning section of the TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor (TMTM) documentation. After you complete the planning activities, you can finalize your preinstallation activities by completing the following tasks and filling out the installation worksheet:
- Downloading the installation files — After logging on, access and download the installation files from the Electronic Product Download website.
- Installation worksheet — Completing the attached Excel spreadsheets will ensure that you are prepared for the installation.
- Required roles and permissions for installation — Describes the user accounts that need to be set up on the database, services, and agent servers.
- UAC considerations for Windows environments — Review the requirements needed to set up your TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor (TMTM) installation.
- Configuring database connections
- Creating and initializing the database and scripts — BMC recommends that you create the database before installing the core components.
- Working with stored procedures