Modifying the default port numbers
BMC Services are installed with default TCP/IP ports. Because of possible port conflicts in your enterprise, you might need to change one or more TCP/IP port numbers. You make these changes in one or more configuration files depending on the port number being changed.
Default port numbers
The following table lists the default port numbers and the files that you can modify to change the default values.
Files necessary to modify port
TMTM Topic Service
TMTM History Service
TMTM Event Service
TMTM Application Service Web secure port
TMTM Application Service Client port
TMTM Client Gateway Service
TMTM Application Service Web port
TMTM Application Service LDAP port
TMTM Tunnel Service Client Proxy port
TMTM Tunnel Service port
|15011 a||TMTM Application Service LDAPS port||services.cfg|
Active Directory LDAP ports
- This port must be accessible from the TSMA installation when using the TMTM security service
- See Running performance and availability monitoring extensions for information about changing QPEA, QPMON, and QPCFG port numbers.
- If this port number needs to be changed, create or edit the eaapi.ini file in a text editor and modify or insert the following stanza:
- Port 389 is used to contact Active Directory Domain Controllers when configured for Active Directory Delegate mode security and when using SASL. Port 636 is used to contact Active Directory Domain Controllers when configured for Active Directory Delegate mode security and when using SSL. These ports are not reconfigurable due to Microsoft requirements.
To modify the default port numbers in eaa.xml
You should use the agentpref CLI to modify agent and extention preferences. See Managing the Agent and Extension preferences using agentpref for details.
To modify the default port numbers in services.cfg
- Stop the BMC services. See Starting and stopping services.
- Using the table in this topic, locate the files you need to modify.
- Open each file in turn in a text editor with search and replace capability.
- Search and replace all instances of the old port number with the new port number.
- Save the file.
- Repeat for all other files containing the port number being changed.