Minimum hardware and software requirements
Each customer environment is unique and the platform requirements listed are the minimums required for small configurations. Contact your Software Consultant or BMC Support for assistance in hardware sizing.
The table below lists the minimum hardware and software requirements for TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor.
If you plan to use IBM WebSphere MQ as part of an integration with TrueSight Middleware Administrator, there must be an IBM WebSphere MQ client installation on the TrueSight Middleware Administrator services machine (the IBM WebSphere MQ client must be installed prior to installing TrueSight Middleware Administrator). We recommend installation of the latest version of the IBM WebSphere MQ client. At a minimum, the 7.5 client should be installed. See also .
3.0 GHz Intel/AMD
2.4 GHz Intel Xeon or equivalent AMD Quad Core
Dictated by monitored software and operating system.
Dictated by your database and the amount of history you want to collect and store.
1280x1024 or higher
1280x1024 or higher
Hard drive space
At runtime: minimum of 2GB on hard drive
20 GB + log space minimum
7 GB should be free in the installation directory for upgrades and installations
Temp Free Space
2GB in /tmp (Linux)
3GB in %TEMP% (Windows)
Windows 7, Windows 10, 2008 Server R2 (64-bit), 2012 Server (64-bit), 2012 R2 Server (64-bit), 2016 Server (64-bit)
Windows 2008 Server R2 (64-bit), 2012 Server (64-bit), 2012 R2 Server (64-bit), 2016 Server (64-bit)
Linux: SLES 11 SP4 (64-bit), 12 SP4 (64-bit), and RHEL 6 (64-bit), 7 (64-bit)
Oracle Java 8 Client JRE when using Java Web Start. None if using standalone clientd
- The hardware requirements represent minimum requirements for a small configuration. For assistance in sizing production hardware for actual deployment environments, contact BMC Support.
- If you are considering running the database server on the same computer as the services, contact BMC Support for additional sizing help.
- TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor Services are 64-bit applications on Windows and Linux.
- See Accessing the Monitor Console.
Java is required for all extensions except qpcfg, qpdb2, and qpmon. BMC includes an OpenJDK JRE for all agent platforms except i/Series, z/Linux, Solaris x86, Solaris SPARC, and z/OS. Note that a monitored technology might require a JRE version other than that provided. TMTM Agent Extensions require at least a 1.6 JRE. In some cases, the platform’s vendor includes a JRE and in others the vendor of the technology being monitored includes a JRE.
- If the clients are run on computers with restricted browser security settings, BMC recommends that you add the URL of the TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor web interface to the Trusted Sites in the browser security configuration..