Enabling Agentless Service monitoring on WebSphere MQ
To enable agentless WebSphere MQ monitoring and configuration, you must install the Agentless Services (QPEA/QPMON/QPCFG) on a supported TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor server platform. The Agentless Services can be installed and running on the TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor server machine, but they can also be run on a separate server altogether subject to the supported platforms. You might select to do this if your TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor server is already heavily loaded.
Agentless Service monitoring can be applied as required to your agent installations, at any time.
- On the computer where you plan to install the Agentless Services, install the WebSphere MQ client.
You need the Agentless Services and WebSphere MQ client libraries on the same computer so that the Agentless Services can load the WebSphere MQ client libraries. BMC recommends that you install the latest version of the IBM WebSphere MQ client. If you have special concerns about WebSphere MQ Client compatibility with your target platform or version of WebSphere MQ, consult the IBM documentation.
- Following installation of the WebSphere MQ client, install the Agentless Services on your TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor server or your separate agentless servers.
- See The Agent for instructions on installing QPEA on your TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor server platform.
- For instructions on installing QPCFG and QPMON on your TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor server, see the appropriate sections of Running WebSphere MQ Configuration and Monitoring Extensions.
- After installing the Agentless Services on your server, you must configure them by setting appropriate preferences using the agentpref utility for each remote queue manager. See Configuring WebSphere MQ agentless services for further information.