Deprecated or dropped features and platforms
This topic describes the enhancements and changes made in this release.
Dropped technologies, features, or platforms in 8.1.00
The following technologies, features, or platforms are no longer supported. See System requirements and product compatibility for full details on the supported technologies and versions.
- OpenVMS Itanium as a monitored platform
- HP/UX PA-RISC as a monitored platform
- GlassFish Enterprise Server Monitor
- Websphere Message Broker Message Processing Node (MPN) – note that all information that was available when using the MPN is available using the Message Broker monitoring extension.
- DB2 Database Monitor
- Oracle Database Monitor
Middleware Transaction Monitor
- CICS Transaction Gateway
- Sun Glassfish Enterprise Server - Java EE JMS Destination
- Active Directory integration requiring AD schema changes in Legacy mode is no longer supported for new or upgrade installations of TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor. Use Delegate mode instead. See Upgrade notes and Upgrading the core components of the product for further information.
- HP OpenView integration – the files exist in the install but are not supported.
- Tivoli Enterprise Console integration – the files exist in the install but are not supported.
Deprecated technologies, features, or platforms in 8.1.00
The following features or platforms are deprecated in 8.1.00 and while currently supported, will be removed from a future release. See System requirements and product compatibility for full details.
- Solaris x86 and Solaris SPARC
- BMC EUEM Integration (only supported with EUEM 2.7)
- TIBCO Rendezvous
The Solaris JREs available for distribution in TMTM bootstrap agent packages use an Oracle Java 8 JRE. BMC will not be providing updates for those JREs going forward.
For future updates on Solaris SPARC or X86 you must either provide your own Oracle JRE or use a JRE provided by one of the technologies being monitored.
As such, the Solaris SPARC and x86 platforms are being deprecated for possible removal in a future release. If you are using either of these platforms contact BMC Support so we can determine when and if either of these platforms should be removed in a future release.
Deprecated technologies, features, or platforms in 8.0.00
Additionally, the following features or platforms were also deprecated in 8.0.0x and while currently supported, will be removed from a future release. See System requirements and product compatibility for full details.
TPF as a monitored platform. Note that the Configuration Manager has been removed in 8.1.00. Monitoring selection of IBM MQ objects supported by TPF must use the bulk monitoring selection dialog within the Monitor Console. See Registering and un-registering multiple objects for monitoring. Other mechanisms for selecting objects for monitoring such as the repomgr tool, policy actions, or other Monitor Console menu items are not supported for TPF.
Oracle WebLogic Monitor
- Concrete History and Event Rules – you should use Event and History Templates instead.