Defining user access and security settings
TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor security enables administrators to create user accounts and security groups that manage user access to TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor functionality.
Setting up user and group access is discussed in the following sections:
- Default users and groups
- Changing the default password
- Adding a user to a group
- Creating or modifying a group and granting it permissions
- Creating or modifying a user
- Duplicating, editing, and deleting users and groups
- Reverting or saving changes to security settings
- Editing database security properties
- Configuring Active Directory security
- Configuring audit logging permissions for MQ Actions
Administrators will use the options on the Security tab and the accompanying toolbar to set up users and secure the product.
In TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor, access permission is granted at a group level. Members of the group inherit all permissions granted to the group. Changes to a group's permissions are applied to all users in the group. Users in more than one group inherit the union of permissions from all the groups in which they are members.