Creating and initializing the database and scripts
BMC recommends that you create and initialize the database and scripts prior to installing the core components of the product, in the following order:
The database environment is normally installed, configured, and routinely maintained by a database administrator. This section describes how to create and initialize the TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor (TMTM) database.
|Create and initialize the database.|
|Run scripts to create and initialize the database.||Running the scripts to create and initialize the database|
Note the following:
- A database client must be installed and configured that allows the core components (subscriber services) to connect to the database. Note that on Windows, the database client software must include 64-bit libraries. If SQL Server is the database platform, the SNAC/ODBC driver is required (see Creating and initializing a Microsoft SQL Server database).
- You must possess the execution key and company name, preferably in an electronic format. The execution key and company name are provided separately from the installation files and are on your Proof of Entitlement or in the email that you received.
- Disable automatic startup of any SNMP managers (HP OpenView, Tivoli, etc.) on the computer selected as the services server. Disabling automatic startup of SNMP managers prevents the SNMP managers from starting the subscriber services during the installation. After installing the product, re-enable any SNMP managers.
- On a UNIX system, create the installation directory and assign ownership to the user account used to install the core components. When installing on UNIX systems, you can use the graphic installer. Open an X-Windows or OpenWindows session and ensure that the DISPLAY environment variable is correctly set.
- If using Active Directory Security, review the Configuring Active Directory security section.
- By default, accessing reports uses HTTPS, which requires verification of an SSL certificate. Review Post core component installation and configuration to determine which certificates are required by your organization.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you