Creating a history view launch menu
History View launch menus are invoked from a model's transaction table and use contextual information from the selected transaction to open another model's BTM History View tab.
The history view launch menu can be comprised of one or more menus that group related items together, or menu items that have a launch action associated with them. Menus can contain submenus.
History View launch menus are used as follows:
- Create menus and child menu items to define the menu structure; provide a name for each menu and menu item.
- Select a profile and model to be the target of the launch action.
- Define how many transaction rows are displayed.
- Define the type of query to use for displaying transaction rows.
- See reference Launch menu fields.
To create a history view launch menu
- Right-click in the BTM workspace and select Properties.
- In the Launch Menus tab, select the History View sub-tab, and click Add URL Menu in the lower left.
- Select the History View Launch Menus root node or an existing menu and select the Add Menu button. If the root node is selected, a new top-level menu is created; if a menu is selected, a new submenu is created beneath that parent menu.
- Specify a name for the menu.
- Select a profile and a model within that profile to be the target of the launch action. All menu items beneath the menu inherit these settings.
- Select the size of the result set (the number of transaction rows displayed as a result of the query). All menu items beneath the menu inherit this setting.
To create a history view launch menu item
- Select an existing menu and click the Add Menu Item button. This creates the menu item beneath the selected menu. Menu items cannot be added to the root node.
- Specify a name for the menu item.
- The new menu item inherits the profile and model from its parent menu; these settings can be modified with different selections.
- The result set size is inherited from the parent menu; if editable, this setting can be changed to define a new result set size.
- Select the type of query to perform:
- If Transaction/Alias is selected, no further settings are needed.
- If querying by Payload Data, select the Activity that contains the payload data to use in the query. This loads the appropriate data into the Payload Data Name field; select the payload data name whose value is used in the query.
- If a Date/Time Range is being used, enter offset values and time units to refine the beginning and ending times used in the query.
To use a history view launch menu
- Once the launch menus are defined, select the OK button to save them. Commit the BTM workspace and generate a new model instance.
- Click on the Operations tab and select a model that has a history view launch menu defined. Make sure edit mode is off.
- In either the BTM View or BTM History View right-click a row in the transaction table, select Launch History View and select the launch menu item to use. Note that unlike URL launch menus, History View launch menus can only be invoked from a row in the table.
- Depending on the configuration of the launch menu, a launch configuration popup might appear. This allows for further refining of the query as follows:
- If multiple generated model instances have been created, a list with all such instances allows for the selection of the target of the launch; this defaults to the last generated model instance.
- If multiple alias IDs exist for the transaction, those IDs (along with the transaction ID) are displayed to allow for the selection of which ID to use in the query. Only those transactions that match the selected ID are displayed in the target view's transaction table.
- A field is provided for overriding the menu's result set size setting. This is not present if the result set size is not editable
- Once the menu is invoked, the BTM History View tab of the selected model is displayed, with the transactions that match the query criteria displayed in its transaction table.