Adding a user to a group
You can perform this task using the Group Settings dialog box or the User Settings dialog box. The result is the same: a user is added to a group. Controls in the User Settings and group settings dialog boxes are described in Creating or modifying a user. You cannot add a user to a group in Active Directory Delegate Mode; only the Active Directory Security Administrator can perform this task in Active Directory.
Before you begin
- To add a user to a non-provided group, ensure that the group exists. See Creating or modifying a group and granting it permissions.
- The user must exist. If the user does not exist, see Creating or modifying a user.
To add a user to a group
- If the group is Read-Only (displayed in italic text), select the group and click the Toggle Read Only icon on the Security toolbar to show the group name in normal text.
- Double-click the group name to open the Group Settings dialog box.
- Click the green "+" button to open a list of available users.
- Check the users to add to this group, and click OK.
- Click Save Changes on the Security toolbar to add the new security information to the database.