Accessing and navigating the TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor interfaces
The TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor (TMTM) product provides the following interfaces that enable access to data and configuration options. Your user permissions determine the extent to which you can access the features described in this and other topics in the documentation.
The Monitor Console acts as the main interface for TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor (TMTM). IT Operations and other specialists use the Monitor Console to monitor applications, events, and devices, define users and security settings, or to diagnose problems.
To access the Monitor Console, see Accessing the Monitor Console.
For details about how to work in the Monitor Console, see Navigating the Monitor Console.
TrueSight Middleware Administrator (Monitor Edition)
The TrueSight Middleware Administrator (Monitor Edition) is a license restricted version of the TrueSight Middleware Administrator (click here for a feature comparison of the differences between the full version and the Monitor Edition), which enables you to manage queue managers, queues, channels, and other queue objects. The installation of TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor includes access to the TrueSight Middleware Administrator (Monitor Edition).
See the document space for further information.
The BMTM Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers allows you to import, design and preview TMTM History Reports before publishing them to TMTM. Once published, the report designs can be incorporated into views and dashboards in the Monitor Console, as described in Working with views and dashboards. For brevity, BMTM Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers is referred to as the Report Designer.
To access the Report Designer, first download the report_designer_install.exe from the Launch page. Once installed, it can be accessed from Start > All Programs > BMC TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor > BMTM Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers.
For further information, see Working with the Report Designer.
Command line utilities
Although you can navigate the user interface to perform most administrative tasks, you can also perform many tasks to manage and maintain the TMTM environment from the Command Line Interface (CLI). Listed below are the CLI utilities that can be used to manage the product:
- maketmpltassoc - enables you to create or delete multiple event or history template associations in a group
- mqsexport / mqsimport - enable you to export and import Monitor Console environmental components
- manageeventsuppression - enables you to prevent TMTM from sending notifications when event conditions have been met
- repomgr - enables you to manage objects in the object repository
- policytool - enables you to list policy objects, evaluate policies or objects, or evaluate policies or objects and apply the evaluated actions
- dashboardtool - enables you to list dashboards and view collections, as well as add objects to or remove objects from a dashboard
- hosttool - enables you to add or remove entries from the Hosts table in the database
- agentdist - enables you to manage the agent and extension packages
- audittool - enables you to test and query the creation of audit records
- certtool - enables you to list or revoke certificates issued to TMTM agents
- mqsusertool - enables you to manage TMTM security information
- mqtool - enables you to manage integration with TrueSight Middleware Administrator (TSMA)
- alerttool - enables you to gather information under direction of BMC Support to help troubleshoot event or console alert issues