Target disk - AIX
The Target Disk tab lets you provide information about the disks in the target machine where you plan to install the operating system. The information you provide here is stored in the target_disk_data stanza(s) of the bosinst.data file.
By default, bosinst.data has one target_disk_data stanza, but you can add additional stanzas by adding multiple entries on this panel. Each entry corresponds to a stanza. Multiple stanzas let you install the operating system on multiple disks, one stanza for each disk.
There are two ways to provide information about the disks in the target machine:
- To use a script to provide target disk information, click Use script for target disk selection. Then either type in your script in the large text box, or click Select Property Inserting a parameter in a system package field. . This icon indicates that you can insert a parameter that refers to a local property to supply the value for this field. For information about inserting a parameter, see
- To use the GUI fields, do one of the following:
- To create a new entry/stanza, click Add .
- To modify an existing entry/stanza, highlight the entry and click Edit
Then fill in at least one of the following fields: PVID, Physical Location, San Disk ID, Connection, Location, Size (MB), HDISKNAME. Refer to the AIX documentation for information about the rules of precedence for these fields. .
- Proceed to the Localization settings - AIX tab.