Defining custom icons
A custom icon can help you quickly identify an extended object when browsing extended objects in the Servers folder. Use this procedure to create a set of custom icons that you can associate with extended objects.
For a list of icons for various objects in BMC Server Automation, see Object icons.
Before you begin
When selecting a custom icon, the image must be in a GIF format, and its resolution must be 16 by 16 pixels.
To define a custom icon
- Start the New Configuration Object wizard and then open the Extended Object Definition panel, as described in Creating an extended object.
- For Icon, click Browse . The Icon Library dialog box opens.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a new custom icon, click Add Custom Icon . The New Custom Icon dialog box opens.
- To modify an existing custom icon, select the icon and click Modify Custom Icon . The Modify Custom Icon dialog box opens. It provides the same options as the New Custom Icon dialog box.
- To delete one or more custom icons, select those icons and click Delete Custom Icon .
- For Name, enter an identifying name for the icon. For Description, you can optionally provide descriptive text.
- For Location, click Browse. The Select Icon Location dialog box opens.
- Use the Select Icon Location dialog box to navigate to the image you want to use as an icon. Using Object Type, you can select the types of icons you want to display. (Currently, you can only specify GIF.) When you have selected an image, click OK.
- On the New Custom Icon or Edit Custom Icon dialog box, click OK.
- Click Close to close the Icon Library dialog box. If you are adding a new icon, it appears in the list of icons available on the Extended Object Definition panel.