Creating Compliance Jobs
When you define a component template, if you have enabled Compliance operations, you can set up compliance rules. A compliance rule is a group of part and property conditions that must be satisfied by a subset of the component's parts. The parts in that subset are known as compliance parts. To determine whether a component satisfies its compliance rules, you run a Compliance Job.
The Compliance Job looks at the component's compliance parts and compares them to the part and property conditions that the compliance rules require. The compliance parts must satisfy the compliance rules.
If a rule is not met and remediation is enabled, you can correct the compliance failure by deploying a BLPackage to one or more servers, assuming that a BLPackage is specified as part of the compliance rules. A Compliance Job can automatically perform this remediation if you enable automatic remediation for both the job definition and the component template. Alternatively, you can review the results of a Compliance Job and manually choose the compliance rule failures that require remediation (see Manually remediating compliance results).
After you run a Compliance Job, you can do any of the following:
- View the results of the job (see Compliance results)
- Export some or all of the results of the Compliance Job (see Exporting compliance results)
Before you begin
To create or modify Compliance Jobs, ensure that your role is granted, at the minimum, the following authorizations:
Depending on the exact parts that you are analyzing for compliance and have included in your component template, you might need to assign additional authorizations. For example, ExtendedObject.read for extended objects or ConfigurationObjectClass.read for custom configuration objects.
To create a Compliance Job
- To create a new Compliance Job, do one of the following:
- Open the Jobs folder and select a job folder. Right-click and select New > Compliance Job.
- In the Components, Component Templates, or Servers folder, navigate to a component (in the Servers folder, first browse the relevant server), right-click, and select Compliance.
- In the Component Templates folder, navigate to a component template, right-click, and select Compliance.
The New Compliance Job wizard opens.
- Define the Compliance Job on the wizard panels, as described in the following topics:
- Click Finish after completing the last step of the wizard.