BMC Server Automation provides several tools that you can use to collect data for diagnosing issues and working with Customer Support:
- Generate Support Data — Generates data about Application Servers and other components of the BMC Server Automation environment and packages the data into a zip file.
- You can use the following tools for monitoring and diagnosing issues in the BMC Server Automation environment:
- Application Server Diagnostics — Runs predefined tests that evaluate the status of the BMC Server Automation environment while it is running and identifies problems.
- Database Diagnostics — Run predefined tests from the command line that evaluate the status of the BMC Server Automation database and identifies potential issues.
- Application Server logs — Contains various memory usage statistics.
To troubleshoot BMC Server Automation jobs, you can use the following methods to obtain diagnostic information for jobs:
- DEBUG_MODE_ENABLED job property — Provides additional diagnostic information to the job log.
- Log package — For a job run of certain types of jobs, you can generate a zip package that contains various files with log messages related to the job run.