CentOS and HP-UX patch analysis reports
Through the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation product, you can generate web-based reports that summarize the data derived from the various BMC BladeLogic Patch Analysis Jobs. These reports provide both overview and detailed information about which vendor-recommended patches are installed or missing on servers. Within any report, you can drill down to details for specific patches and servers. Patch reports help you understand how well servers in the data center conform to vendor recommendations and can be used to track patch policy compliance over time.
For information about setting up the reports during the installation of Vendor Patch Content, see Configuring Reports for Vendor Patch Content.
For information about working with BMC BladeLogic Decision Support for Server Automation, see the BMC BladeLogic Decision Support for Server Automation online documentation.
The following table summarizes the built-in patch reports that you can view through BMC Decision Support for Server Automation:
Report: Detail by PatchFolder: Patch/Detail
This set of tables details information for a particular patch:
Report: Detail by Server:Folder: Patch/Detail
This set of tables details patch information for a particular server. It contains the following patch information for installed patches, missing patches, and compliance percentage on the specified server:
Report: Summary by PatchFolder: Patch/Summaries
This tables lists patches and provides summary information, such as analysis date, number of servers where analysis was attempted, number of servers tested, and total number of missing patches. The report contains the following patch information:
Report: Summary by ServerFolder: Patch/Summaries
This table provides patch information by server. It contains the following information:
Report: Trend by PolicyFolder: Patch/Trend
This graph charts the policy compliance percentage over a specified date range.
Additional available reports
The following alternative reports are also available for HP-UX patch analysis:
- BMC Server Automation Vendor Patch Content creates a report on each target HP-UX server on which you run patch analysis. This HTML report contains information about the patching status of that server, and it is stored in osInstallDir/patch/hppu/Scripts/targetServer/swa_report_targetServer.html.
- A report that lists the missing patches on a specific server, as detected during the last time that patch analysis was performed on that server, is available under the Extended Objects branch in the Live Browse view. To access this report, perform the following steps:
- In the BMC Server Automation Console Folders view, in the Servers folder, right-click a server and select Browse.
- In the content editor, expand Live.
- Expand and select Extended Objects, and then select HP-UX Patch Analysis Results.
The contents of the report are displayed in the right pane, with the date that the patch was issued at the top, followed by a summary of the missing patches on the selected server.