Adding a Network Shell script
You can create Network Shell scripts and store them in the Depot. After you add a Network Shell script to the Depot, you can run the script using a Network Shell Script Job.
- Avoid dumping raw information in NSH Scripts as a method of data consolidation. Instead, author your script in a separate file, and copy that file to the central location.
- Be careful of running expensive or high CPU commands in parallel. Instead of running many parallel CLI commands, collect information on the edge nodes and then use a separate loop or process to load them sequentially.
To add a Network Shell script to the Depot
- Take one of the following actions:
- Right-click a depot folder and select New > NSH Script from the pop-up menu.
- Open the Servers folder and navigate to a file that you want to add to the Depot as a Network Shell script. Right-click the file and select Add to Depot As > NSH Script.
- The Add NSH Script to Depot wizard opens.
- Using the wizard, define the script, as described in the following sections:
- Click Finish to close the wizard and save your changes.
For information about creating a job that runs the script you have added, see Creating Network Shell Script Jobs.