Updating the Solaris 11 patch repository
To update the Solaris 11 patch repository, you create and run an NSH Script Job from the provided UpdateRepo script. The repository must reside on an Oracle Solaris 11 Image Packaging System (IPS) server.
If you have set up your own repository (for example, an Image Packaging System (IPS) repository or a repository downloaded from Oracle), you do not need to use the provided script described here.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have installed the scripts for the Solaris 11 patching solution, as described in Installing the script-based patching solution for Solaris 11.
To create an NSH Script Job for updating the Solaris 11 patch repository
- In the BMC Server Automation Console, browse to Depot > Solaris Patch Analysis.
- Right-click the UpdateRepo script, and select NSH Script Job.
The New NSH Script Job wizard opens.
- In the New NSH Script Job wizard, configure the job through the various panels. Use the following steps to perform the most basic configuration for this job.
- On the General panel, define a name for the job and specify a location in the Jobs folder in which to save the job.
- On the Targets panel, choose the servers where the job should run. All target servers must be Solaris 11 IPS servers where a patch repository resides.
On the Parameters panel, adjust the values of the script parameters:
Parameter Flag Description Default value Repository Location -d Location of the repository to be created or updated on the repository server. /export/repoSolaris11 Source Location -s Full URL or location path from where the repository is to be downloaded. http://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support/ Oracle Key Location -k Location of the Oracle key that is kept on the repository server. /home/Oracle_Solaris_11_Support.key.pem Oracle Certificate Location -c
Location of the Oracle certificate that is kept on the repository server.
Note: For information about downloading and installing the Oracle key and certificate, see the following Oracle page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-018-howto-update-s11-1572261.html.
/home/Oracle_Solaris_11_Support.certificate.pem Cache Directory -z The path to an optional cache directory to be used to resume download after a download failure. (no default value) Packages to update -p
A list of specific packages that you want to download from the source.
Use the space character to separate multiple packages. The maximum allowed length of this string is 255 characters (the maximum length of any parameter value in an NSH script).
(that is, all available packages)
- On the Schedules panel, schedule the execution of the job (either immediately or at a later time).
- When you finish all relevant job configuration on the remaining panels (Default Notifications, Properties, and Permissions), click Finish.
Where to go from here
Now that your repository is updated, you can go ahead and run a patching analysis job.