Running Deploy Jobs for CentOS and HP-UX patches
As part of the packaging process, BMC Server Automation Vendor Patch Content creates:
- An Advanced Deploy Job for each target server.
- A BLPackage containing all of the binaries needed to patch each target server (Software Items within the package are soft-linked). For information about BLPackages, see.
- A Batch Job to run all Deploy Jobs created, with the following main settings configured:
To prevent inconsistent results, perform analysis and packaging in the same mode. Therefore, if you perform analysis in NIM mode, do not switch to non-NIM mode for packaging.
Before you begin
Before you begin packaging and deployment, ensure that the following actions have already been performed:
- (Offline Patching) Patches have been downloaded and transferred, via removable storage, to a patch repository
- The Patch Analysis Job has been run with the Script Mode parameter set to:
- For HP-UX: d (Download) and a (Analysis)
- For CentOS: a (Analysis)
- You have reviewed and made changes as needed to the configuration file, jython.conf. For more information, see .
To package and run the deploy job
- In the BMC Server Automation Console, locate and open the Patch Analysis Job.
- Select the Parameters tab.
Enter or check values for the following packaging parameters:
Parameter Recommended value Script Mode p (Packaging) Auto Execute Deploy Batch Job Select either:
- 0: Deploy Job is not executed after packaging.
1: Deploy Job is executed after packaging.
URL_TYPE Select AGENT_COPY_AT_STAGING for patch payload to be copied to a staging directory during the staging phase of deployment. Network URL Define a network location for patch storage using one of the following protocols:
- (UNIX) NFS Protocol
- (Microsoft Windows) SMB Protocol
- Right-click the Network Shell Script Job and select Execute.