Selecting drivers - Windows 2008
As part of defining computer settings for Microsoft Windows 2008 or Windows 2008 R2, you use the Driver Selection windows to specify the location of drivers in the data store.
To select drivers for Windows 2008
- For configuring PnP or OEM drivers, for PnP driver paths, click Browse to select drivers.
For Select DataStore, click Browseand browse to the data store that contains the PnP or mass storage drivers.
Browsing the data store for the PnP and mass storage drivers has the following requirements:
- The drivers must be located in the same data store as the rest of the installation files for this system package.
- There must already exist in the BMC Server Automation environment a server object whose name matches the LOCATION property of the data store instance you selected.
If multiple databases are in use — for multiple physical locations, for example — you can choose an alternate data store instance when you create the Provision Job. However, data store directories and contents must be identical (relative to the pxestore virtual directory) for all instances.
The navigation panel displays the directory structure with the data store root as its root.
The selected folder must contain files with the .inf extension. If you select a folder that does not contain any .inf files, the system displays an error message.
- In the left pane, select the root folder that contains drivers or subfolders with drivers. All drivers in the folder and its subfolders appear in the right panel.
- Use arrow keys to further select folders. Then click OK.
The paths to the drivers appear in PnP driver pathsfield of the Computer Settings tab. The paths appear in NSH format.
- Click OK.
If you have not yet associated this system package with this data store, the system displays a message, asking you if you would like to set this data store as the default data store for this system package. If you would like the system to automatically display the contents of this data store every time you start the driver selection GUI from this system package, click Yes.