Defining settings for ESXi servers
In the system package, you specify settings for the provisioning process to use for unattended installations of the ESXi operating system.
Before you begin
Create the ESXi 4.1 or 5.0 system package in the Depot folder. For information, see System package panels (generic).
To successfully install and run VMWare ESXi 4.1 or 5.0, the target servers must meet the following criteria:
- The server architecture must use 64-bit CPUs.
- The server must have a minimum of 2GB RAM available for the installation.
To define system package settings for ESXi 4.1 and 5.0 servers
- Right-click the system package in the Depot folder and select Open.
A tab for the system package appears in the content editor.
- Define standard system package settings by clicking the tabs at the bottom of the content editor. Each tab represents a category of settings, as described in the following sections:
- When you finish defining settings for the system package, click the system package tab at the top of the content editor and select File > Save.