Disk partition - ESX
The Disk Partition tab lets you define partitions for the servers being provisioned. In addition, for ESX 4.0 system packages, you can create a storage partition and virtual disk partitions.
Define a partition for ESX system packages by supplying a script or using the Disk Partition dialog:
- To supply a script that defines the partition, select Use script for disk partitioning. Then do one of the following:
- Type the script directly in the input box.
- Type the name of a local property that contains the script, enclosing the property name with double question marks.
- Click Select Property
To reboot after script execution, click Reboot after the script is executed. to display a drop-down menu of available properties. Select the property that contains the script from the list.
- To define a disk partition using the Disk Partition dialog:
- To create a new partition, in the Disk Partitions area, click Add . To modify an existing partition, select the partition in the Disk Partition list and click Edit .
- Provide information in the Disk Partition window and click OK.
The location within a file directory where a volume should exist. Enter a location or select one from the drop-down list.
Select one of the following file system types:
The size of the partition in megabytes. To let the partition fill all remaining space on the disk, check Fill all unused space on disk.
Enter the device name and optionally, parameters related to the device name. For example:
Proceed to the Basic configuration - ESX tab.