VM Basic Config - Microsoft Windows
The VM Basic Config panel lets you specify the guest OS basic configuration information, such as computer name, admin password, workgroup and domain registration-related information for VMware, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platforms. This panel appears only if the Virtual Guest Package is based on a template.
The fields you see on this panel depend on the OS type chosen for the virtual machine.
Fields for Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Under Local Settings, specify the following:
- Computer name—Enter a name for the VM or choose to have the name auto-generated.
- Administrator password—Enter a password for the Administrator user account, and confirm the password by entering it again in the Confirm password field.
- Under Workgroup or Domain, choose to add the VM to a workgroup or a domain.
- Workgroup—Enter the name of the workgroup to which you want to add the VM.
- Windows Server Domain—Enter the domain name to which you want to add the VM. To create a domain account, click Create a computer account in the domain, and fill in the User name, Password, and Confirm Password fields.