Virtual Guest Job - Virtual Guest Package Selection
The Virtual Guest Package Selection panel lets you choose the Virtual Guest Package (VGP) to use for the Virtual Guest Job (VGJ).
- Choose the VGP to use for the Job.
Browse to the host server (vCenter, global zone, IBM frame, Citrix XenServer, RHEV Manager server, or Microsoft VMM server) that is the target for the new virtual guest.
The IBM frame and the Citrix XenServer are represented by an agentless managed object. A VMware vCenter server might also be represented by an agentless managed object.
Expand the host server node, and drill down until you find your target for the VGJ.
Note the following considerations for selecting a target, based on platform:
- Select the target for the new new Virtual Machine as either Host server, Resource Pool, or DRS-enabled Cluster.
- You can select only one Host server, DRS-enabled Cluster, or Resource Pool from the VMware vCenter as the target for the Virtual Guest Job.
You can select only one global zone as the target for the Virtual Guest Job.
You can select only one frame as the target for the new IBM AIX or Linux partition or VIOS partition.
You can select a RHEV Manager host or a Cluster as the target for the VGJ.
- If you are deploying the virtual machine to a Citrix XenServer Pool, all disks belonging to the virtual machine must reside on shared storage for the pool.
- You can select only one Host as the target for the virtual machine.
You can select only one VMM server as the target for the VGJ.
- Click OK.
Where to go from here
Go to one of the following platform-specific panel groups, depending on the virtual environment: