IBM - Network
The Network panel lets you select the virtual adapter settings appropriate for the new LPAR. Click Addto add any of the following types of virtual adapters:
Virtual Ethernet Adapter
On the Select Virtual Ethernet Adapter dialog box, specify:
- Virtual switch—Select the virtual switch from the drop-down list of available switches. A virtual switch enables partitions on a managed system to communicate internally and to connect to external networks. Default value: Ethernet0.
- VLAN ID—Enter the unique identification of the Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), which is a logical network on a physical or virtual switch.
- IEEE 802.1q compatible adapter—Select this option to configure the virtual Ethernet adapter to communicate over multiple VLANs. IEEE 802.1Q is the networking standard that allows multiple bridges networks to transparently share the same physical network link, without information being leaked between networks.
Logical Host Ethernet Adapter
Click Add to add one or more LHEAs. On the Select Logical Host Ethernet Adapter dialog box, specify:
- Select Frame—Select a frame from the drop-down list.
- Adapter ID—Set the unique identifier for the LHEA.
- Physical Port—Select a port from the drop-down list.
- Port Group—Enter the port group to which the physical port belongs. A port group is a group of logical ports that share one or two physical ports. A port group can support up to 16 logical ports.
- Logical Port—Enter a logical port from the port group that you want to allocate to the LPAR.
- Allow all VLAN IDs—Check this box to enable the logical port to accept packets with any VLAN ID.
- Allowed VLAN IDs—If you want the logical port to accept only packets with specific VLAN IDs, clear the Allow all VLAN IDs check box and enter each VLAN ID into this field. You allow up to 20 VLAN IDs to be accepted on this logical port.