IBM - Advanced
The Advanced panel lets you specify optional settings for the LPAR.
Active Memory Expansion Settings
Specify the Active Memory Expansion (AME) factor. AME enables the LPAR to compress in-memory data, which allows more data to be placed into memory. The AME factor specifies a target effective memory capacity for the LPAR. For example, if you specify an AME factor of 3.0 and a memory size of 20 GB, then the expanded memory size for the LPAR is 60 GB.
Click Use Shared Memory to specify any of the following shared memory settings (the following fields are not displayed unless you select the Use Shared Memory option):
- Primary and Seconday Paging VIOS—Browse to the location of a VIOS server that is the primary paging virtual I/O servers (VIOS) for the partition. Optionally, you can add a secondary paging server. A Paging VIOSprovides paging services for the shared memory pool and manages the Hypervisor paging spaces for LPARs using shared memory.
- Memory Weight—Use the arrows to specify a number to indicate how to distribute shared memory, relative to the other LPARs. The higher the number, the higher priority the partition has for obtaining shared memory. For example, a partition with a weight of 128 would get a greater percentage of the available memory than a partition with a weight of 64.
- Custom Entitled Memory—Set the desired amount of memory (in MB) that is always available to the LPAR.
Specify any of the following settings:
- Enable Connection Monitoring—This option enables the monitoring of the communication paths between your HMC and the systems that it manages.
- Enable Redundant Error Path Reporting—This option enables a logical partition to report common server hardware errors and partition hardware errors to the HMC.
- Boot mode—Specify the boot mode for the LPAR.
- Workload group—Click browse to specify a workload group for the partition. A partition workload group identifies a set of partitions that reside on the same physical system. Assigning the partition to a workload group enables dynamic allocation of processing power for the partitions based on the goals defined in the domain policy. Default value: blank.