Viewing OVAL result files
You can export Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL) result and log files from the target servers to a location of your choice.
To create detailed OVAL result files, an SCAP Compliance Job must be configured to run in Certification mode or File Retention mode.
For more information, see the following sections:
To configure a job to run in Certification mode
- To configure a new job to run in Certification mode, click Advanced Settings on the SCAP Compliance Job-Profile Selector panel, and change the Run mode setting to Certification mode.
- To change an existing job to run in Certification mode:
- Right-click the job in the Jobs folder and select Open.
- Click the Profile Selector tab.
- Click Advanced Settings, and change the Run mode setting to Certification mode.
- On the menu bar, select File > Save.
- To run the job, right-click the job name and select Execute.
To view OVAL result files
This procedure describes how to access the result files by exporting them from the target server to a location of your choice using a feature in the BMC Server Automation Console.
- In the Jobs folder, right-click the job and select Show Results.
- Expand the run of interest and then expand the Server view.
- Right-click the target of interest and select Export Oval Interpreter Logs.
This option exports the detailed OVAL result and the OVAL log files.
Select the folder where you want to save the files, and click Export.
If the SCAP Compliance Job was run in Default mode, there are no files to export. If the SCAP Compliance Job was run in File Retention mode, some files are available for export, but not the detailed OVAL results.
To view OVAL result files on the target server
To access OVAL result files in the target server's native file system, navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\RSCD\tmp\SCAPCompliance_2000001_96_localhost\20000301-2000001_72cf9500-6f4f-4fb0