Viewing results from a Container Scan Job
The standard display of job results for the Container Scan Job is supplemented by an HTML report that provides you with full details about the compliance statuses of all containers and images, along with drill-down options to individual containers and images. This report is available for display in Internet Explorer (IE) and Firefox browsers.
To locate and open the Container Scan report
- After the job completes running, navigate to Jobs > Container Compliance > OS Container Compliance, where OS is either RHEL or CentOS.
- In this folder, right-click the Container Scan Job, and select Show Results.
- In the Job Results pane on the right, right-click a successful job run and select Show Log.
In the log (towards the top), find the log message that tells you where to find the web-based report for this job run on the file server. Make a note of this location.
To copy the path to this location, right-click the log message and select Copy to Clipboard.
- On the host computer of the file server, navigate to the location specified in the log message. You can either open the report on that computer or copy the whole folder to your own desktop and open the report there. To display the report, open the Home file in your Internet Explorer or Firefox browser.
Browsing the Container Scan report
When browsing the report, you have the following options for navigating the report and drilling down into more specific details:
- The home page lists the host computers that were scanned, and provides the numbers of containers (running, stopped, and paused) and images on each one. To drill down into the details of any specific host computer, click the host name.
- When you drill down into a host computer, details are first displayed regarding the containers on that host.
Containers are divided into three categories — running, stopped, and paused. When you first enter the page, the table on this page displays a summary of details for the running containers. To switch to details for the containers in the other categories (stopped or paused), click View Details in the relevant colored box at the top of the page.
- In the list of running containers or paused container (but not in the list of stopped containers), you can drill down into full details about the SCAP results for any specific container. This includes a list of the rules that were used in the scan and an indication of which rules failed and which passed.
- For details about the images on the host, click the Images link at the top of the page.
- In the list of images, you can drill down into full details about the SCAP results for any specific image (similar to the results displayed for running or paused containers). This includes a list of the rules that were used in the scan and an indication of which rules failed and which passed.