Installer prerequisites on Windows not met
Installation of Compliance Content libraries on a Windows operating system cannot proceed if the following installation wizard prerequisites are not met:
- Certain Terminal Server configuration options that pertain to temporary folders must be turned off, to enable running the installation wizard through a Terminal Services connection or a remote desktop session.
- The setup executable file must be allowed to run in unrestricted mode, unblocked by the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature.
Use the following procedures to ensure that these prerequisites are met.
To update the necessary Terminal Server configuration options
Access the Terminal Services Configuration console, by either selecting Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Terminal Services Configuration or by typing tscc.msc in the Run command.
If you are using Windows 2008 R2 or later, you must enter TSConfig.msc instead of tscc.msc, because Terminal Services has been renamed to Remote Desktop Services in these versions.
- Select Server Settings.
- Disable the following options, by setting each to a value of No:
- Delete temporary folders on exit
- Use temporary folders per session
Restart your computer.
If your Windows version does not have the Terminal Services Configuration console installed, you can use the Group Policy console (gpedit.msc ) instead. Under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Terminal Services > Temporary folders, set the following settings to Enabled:
- Do not delete temp folder on exit
- Do not use temp folders per session
If your changes do not take effect, use the following alternative method:
- Through the Registry Editor, navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server registry key and set the PerSessionTempDir and DeleteTempDirsOnExit values to 0.
- Restart your computer.
To allow the setup executable to run unrestricted
- Access the System Properties dialog box, either through Control Panel > System or through My Computer properties.
- In the System Properties dialog box, select the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button under Performance.
- On the Data Execution Prevention tab, select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, and then click Add and select the Content-Windows-setup.exe file.
- Click OK in all dialog boxes.
- Restart your computer.