Setting values for system object properties
You can list the properties for an object by selecting it to display the Properties view, or you can use a wizard to create a system object, which also displays a properties list. In either case, you can set the value of a system property using the properties list.
You can edit the value of any property defined as editable. When you select a property, if it is editable, the Edit Property Value iconbecomes active.
To set values for system object properties
- Do either of the following:
- Select an existing system object, which displays that object's properties in the Properties view.
- Display the Properties panel in a wizard.
- In the properties list, click in the Value column for the property you want to edit. If the property is editable, the Value field becomes active and displays utilities for editing the selected property value.
- Do any of the following:
- To set a property value back to its default value, click Reset to Default Value . The value of the property is reset to the value it inherits from a built-in property class.
- Depending on the type of property you are editing, you can take different actions to set a new value, such as entering an alphanumeric string, choosing from an enumerated list, or selecting a date. To insert a parameter into the value, enter the value, bracketed with double question mark delimiters (for example,
??MyPARAMETER??) or click the Select Property . For more information, see Inserting a parameter.