Updating a part for an existing template
You can use the Parts tab to update any of the parts included in the component template that you are editing.
To update an existing template part
- On the content editor, click the Parts tab.
- On the All Parts list, select one or more parts and then click Update . If you selected one part, the Update Part window opens. If you selected multiple parts, the Update Parts window opens.
- If you selected a single part to update, for Name/path, use Browse to select a different server object or enter the path to a server object. To insert a parameter in the path, use Select Property . If you selected multiple parts to update, skip this step.
- Under Included Operations, check any of the following:
- Browse — Browse this part in any components that have been discovered using this component template.
- Snapshot — Run Snapshot Jobs on this part for any components that have been discovered using this component template. For Audit Jobs, this part can be included in the master or it can be the target of the Audit Job.
- Audit — Run Audit Jobs on this part for any components that have been discovered using this component template. You can also include this part in the master for any Audit Job.
- Compliance — Run Compliance Jobs on this part in any components that have been discovered using this component template.
If you are updating multiple parts, and an operation is not applied consistently for the parts, that operation has a dimmed check. For example, if you can browse one part but not browse another, the Browse operation shows a dimmed check. You can select a dimmed operation to make it applicable to all selected parts, or you can clear it to make it not applicable to all selected parts.
The Discover operation, which controls whether the part is included in signature matching in Component Discovery Jobs, appears dimmed and cannot be controlled here. To select the Discover operation for a part, you must include the part in the signature on the Discover tab.
- Click OK.
The specified server object appears in the All Parts list. The list also shows the operations that are allowed for the part.
- If you are adding hierarchical server objects such as directories, and you want those server objects to include all subfolders, select those server objects in the All Parts list. Then check Recurse subfolders at the bottom of the Includes/Excludes list.
Selecting this option instructs the system to include all folders subordinate to the server object that you selected in the All Parts list.