Copying, cutting, and pasting a compliance rule
You can copy and paste or cut and paste a compliance rule. These actions let you copy or move a compliance rule within a component template or between component templates. For compliance rules, you can often save time by copying and pasting or cutting and pasting an existing rule.
When you paste a rule, BMC Server Automation checks its validity, confirming whether the component template's compliance parts include any parts referenced by the rule. If the rule references a property, the system confirms that the property exists and is defined to use the correct data type. When you paste an invalid rule, the rule appears but is flagged as invalid with a red circle.
To copy, cut, or paste a compliance rule
- On the content editor, click the Compliance tab.
- Navigate to the compliance rule or rules you want to copy and paste or cut and paste.
Select one or more compliance rules.
Use Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click to select more than one compliance rule.
- Right-click the selected compliance rule or rules, and select Copy or Cut from the pop-up menu.
- Do one of the following:
- If you are pasting within the same component template, navigate to a rule group and select Paste.
- If you are pasting a rule in a different component template, open the component template. Click the Compliance tab. Navigate to a rule group and select Paste.
For either option, to paste at the top level of the rule group hierarchy (that is, outside of any rule group), right-click in some empty area of the Rules on Collected Parts panel and select Paste.