Downloading patch downloader utilities
From the BMC Software Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website, download and extract the installer package that is appropriate for your operating system. The offline downloader utilities are located in the \files\installers\other_files directory of the BBSA<version>-<platform>64 installer package. For steps on downloading files from the EPD website, see Downloading the installation files.
The offline downloader utilities are located inside the All-OS-Patch-Downloaders-<platform>-<build>.<extension> package, where:
- <platform> is the supported platform on which you can run the utilities.
- <build> is the version number.
- <extension> is the appropriate extension of the compressed file (.tar.gz or .zip).
To know which utility file name to download, you need to determine what platform you will use to run the utilities. The compressed files contain utilities for downloading patches from all supported platforms as well as sample XML files for building configuration files.
Where to go from here
Depending on the platform, download and use the downloader utility as described in the following topics:
- Patch Downloader Utility for Microsoft Windows
- Patch Downloader Utility for Oracle Solaris
- Patch Downloader Utility for IBM AIX
- Patch Downloader Utility for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Patch Downloader Utility for SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Patch Downloader Utility for Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Patch Downloader utility for Ubuntu and Debian