Viewing and editing Network Shell script files using ShellEd
ShellEd is the default editor for Network Shell scripts. ShellEd has the standard features that are available with BL Editor as well as Shell Script help and syntax color formatting. It offers flexible Network Shell script content editing. Use ShellEd for viewing and editing files and Network Shell scripts stored in the Depot.
To use ShellEd
- In the Servers folder, select a server, right-click, and select Browse.
- On the Live Browse tab, expand the File System server object type.
- Right-click a Network Shell object and select Open with > ShellEd.
The file appears in the content editor.
From encoding, select the type of character encoding used to display the file, such as UTF8.
- Edit the file using the system's basic editing tools as well as the ShellEd syntax color formatting, line highlighting, preferences, and so on.
- Do one of the following:
- To save the file, right-click the file and select Save.
- To save the file to a different name or location, choose File > Save As. Use the dialog box to specify a name and location for the file.
- To close the tab representing the file, click Close in the file title tab.