Server objects - management concepts
You can perform a variety of actions on server objects.
Here are the most common actions you perform on server objects:
- Browse — Using the hierarchical tree in the Servers folder, expand servers to examine the server objects they contain. For more information about server objects, see Server browse options.
- Snapshot — Create Snapshot Jobs that record the configuration of server objects. For more information, see Creating and modifying Snapshot Jobs.
- Audit — Create Audit Jobs that compare server object configurations on multiple servers to a master configuration in the form of a snapshot, component, or live server. For more information, see Creating and modifying Audit Jobs.
- Compliance — Create Compliance Jobs that determine whether one or more servers satisfy collections of compliance rules. For more information, see Creating Compliance Jobs.
- Deploy — Deploy software and packages of server objects to other servers. For more information, see Software and BLPackage Deploy Job overview. To deploy files, you can also use a File Deploy Job (see Creating and modifying File Deploy Jobs).
The Servers folder also lets you perform the following administrative tasks while managing server objects: