Enabling or disabling UAC in Windows 2008
This topic was created by a BMC Contributor and has not been approved. More information.
This topic describes how to enable or disable user account control (UAC) in Microsoft Windows 2008.
Disabling user account control
- Browse any Windows 2008 server.
- Open the Registry Node and navigate to
- Right-click this key and select Add to BLPackage.
- Name the BLPackage Disable UAC or something similar.
- Set the Action to Modify.
- Set Reboot to After Item Deployment.
- Set Data to 0x00000000. Your BLPackage now looks like this:
- Save the BLPackage.
Enabling user account control
To enable UAC create a similar BLPackage but set the Data value to "0x00000001".
Be aware that after deployment of this BLPackage the target server will reboot.