Creating an SCAP Compliance Job
An SCAP Compliance Job selects an imported SCAP Benchmark, a profile, and target servers.
Before you begin
- In the Jobs folder, you must have a subfolder to hold your SCAP Compliance Jobs. To create a subfolder, right-click the Jobs folder and select New > Folder.
- In the Depot folder, you must have an imported SCAP Benchmark that is appropriate for the operating system of the target servers you plan to select in the SCAP Compliance Job. To import a benchmark, see Importing SCAP content. If you want to include an OCIL Results file in the job, ensure that you have generated the OCIL Results file and added it manually to the Depot folder.
- Ensure that any Windows servers that you plan to include as targets in your SCAP Compliance Job have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and .NET Framework 4.0 or later installed.
To create an SCAP Compliance Job
Right-click a folder in the Jobs folder and select New > SCAP Compliance Job.
Other ways to create an SCAP Compliance Job are:
- Right-click an SCAP benchmark in the Depot and select New > SCAP Compliance Job.
- Right-click a server in the Servers folder and select New > SCAP Compliance Job.
- Use the File menu.
- Complete the panels in the SCAP Compliance Job wizard using the following instructions:
- Click Finish.
The job is saved in the Jobs folder. To open the job and view or edit it, right-click the job name and select Open.