Viewing and using autoremediation results
You can view autoremediation results. BMC Server Automation shows these results on two tabs: Deploy Status and Log Messages.
The Deploy Status tab presents a matrix. Each row shows information about a server where a Deploy Job ran to remediate compliance rule failures. Each column shows the results for each phase of the Deploy Job. The Log Messages tab shows messages that were generated for the entire remediation job.
To view and use autoremediation results
- In the Jobs folder, select a Compliance Job, right-click, and select Show Results.
A new tab opens in the content editor. It shows the Compliance Job results.
- In the hierarchical tree at the left of the tab, expand a particular run of the Compliance Job, and select the Remediation View node.
- Use the Deploy Status tab to do any of the following:
- To remove a server from the target servers for this job, select a server where the job is incomplete, right-click, and select Remove.
- To retry the job on a server, select a server where the job is incomplete, right-click, and select Retry. The job immediately runs the phase of the job that did not complete previously.
- To retry the job for multiple servers and phases, select the cells where the job is incomplete. Right-click and select Retry from the pop-up menu. The job immediately runs the phases of the job that previously did not complete on the selected servers. Use Control-click or Shift-click to select multiple cells.
- To show the current status of all target servers, click Show Summary on the Deploy Status tab. To show the history of all job attempts, click Show Details.
- To show log messages generated when a job executes a particular phase on a server, select the cell representing that server and phase. The Log Messages pane at the bottom of the window shows messages generated during that phase on the selected server.