Working with Web Services
The BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite includes the BMC Server Automation Web Services product. This product provides web services access to BMC Server Automation functionality. There are two ways of accessing web services. You can use one or the other or both:
- BMC Server Automation - SOAP Web Services — Lets you access BLCLI commands through web services.
- BMC Server Automation - RESTful Web Services — Provides a simple, URI-based means for accessing resources.
To use BMC Server Automation Web Services, you must be familiar with development tools and concepts.
- Web services concepts and practices, including:
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
- REST (Representational State Transfer)
- The BMC Server Automation command line interface (BLCLI). (For more information, see the BLCLI help.)
See the following topics for information about setting up and using BMC Server Automation Web Services: