The VGJ file
The Virtual Guest Job (VGJ) XML file uses information from the Virtual Guest Package (VGP). You can optionally override these VGP values in the VGJ file. In addition, you use the VGJ XML file to specify job-specific information.
The following topics describe how to obtain the data you need to provide in the VGJ file:
- Getting the VGPackageID
- Providing the VirtualGuestName
- Using the PlatformInfo section
- Using the VirtualGuestJob section
- Getting value for the VirtualGuestDestination element
- Using the Lifecycle section
- Sample VGJ XML files
For sample VGJ files for each environment, see Sample VGJ XML files.
If you are creating a VGJ file that is based on a template or virtual machine (VM), there are certain elements that you cannot change. These elements are listed in Working with VGP files that are based on a template or on an existing VM.