Distributing configuration objects
Before you use the BMC Server Automation Console to manage a virtual environment, you must distribute the appropriate configuration objects to the target platform as described in this topic.
To run the Distribute Configuration Objects Job
- From within the BMC Server Automation Console, navigate to the Servers folder.
- Select a server, frame, or vCenter on which you want to create your Distribute Configuration Objects Job.
- Right-click the server and select New > Administration Task > Distribute Configuration Objects. This starts the job wizard.
- Provide a name for the job and click Next.
- On the Selected Configuration Objects panel, in the Available Configuration Objects section, expand the Global Configuration Objects list.
Select the configuration object appropriate for your virtualization platform, as listed in the following table, and add it to the Selected Configuration Objects section.
VMware vCenter Server <version>
Global Zone <version>
IBM Configuration <version>
Microsoft VMM <version>
Citrix XenServer <version>
RHEV Manager <version>
where <version> represents the version number of the Configuration Object, for example, v86,000,000 for version 8.6.
- Click Next.
On the Targets panel, select the appropriate target server for your platform.
Windows agent installed on the vCenter host (for agent-based server) or the enrolled agentless managed object for the vCenter server
Solaris agent installed on the global zone
IBM frame which is enrolled as an agentless managed object
Windows x64 agent on the VMM server
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
For RHEV Manager, the Linux server running the RHEV Manager
Enrolled agentless managed object for the Citrix XenServer master server
- Click Finish, and execute the job.