Organization of components and component templates
BMC Server Automation provides the following folders for creating and using components:
- Component Templates folder — Used for creating and storing component templates, organizing components based on component templates, running Component Discovery Jobs, and launching other types of jobs that are based on a component template.
- Components folder — Used for organizing components that have already been discovered.
In the Components and Component Templates folders, you can perform any of the following procedures to organize content:
- Create folders, groups, and smart groups. (A smart group is a group for which you define membership conditions based on properties.)
- Copy, cut, and paste smart groups, component groups, components, and component templates.
- Cut and paste component template folders.
- Delete components, component templates, folders, groups, and smart groups.
For a description of any of the procedures listed above, see Folder content organization.