Creating WinPE 2.0 and later boot image files
You create a WinPE 2.0 and later image file to prepare a target machine for Microsoft Windows installation during provisioning.
After it boots from the image, the machine can obtain instructions for installing the operating system.
To create the boot image file
- Prepare the machine on which you plan to create the WinPE image. See Preparing a machine for WinPE 2.0 and later image creation.
- Create image files using one of the following methods:
- The image creation wizard. See Creating WinPE 2.0 and later images using the Image Creation wizard.
- The CreateWinPE2_x.vbs script. See Creating WinPE 2.0 and later image files using the BMC Server Automation script.
- Copy the image files to the appropriate location for provisioning. See Copying image files to a location for provisioning.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you