The system provides many editing options, including the BL editor and additional internal and external editors.
If you select an external editor, you can only use it for read-only operations.
To select an editor
- Select the object you want to open in the content editor.
- Right-click and choose Open with > Other.
The Editor Selection dialog box displays the list of all BMC Server Automation and third-party editors that are available within the system.
- To use a BMC Server Automation internal editor, select one from the list, and click OK.
- To use a third-party editor, select External Program.
When using an external editor, you cannot save changes unless you first copy the changes into an internal editor.
- Select one of the external editors from the list or select Browse to view a list of additional editors.
- Select the editor and click OK.
If the editor you select is not appropriate for the object, the system generates an error message.