Searching for objects
You can search for BMC Server Automation resources and objects.
A simple search returns objects in a Search view. A BMC Server Automation resource search returns objects as nodes under Search in the Folders view. BMC Server Automation search returns are available until you save them to a Smart Group or until you perform another search.
To search for objects
- From the toolbar, click Search .
- Click Customize to open the Search Page Selection dialog box.
- Check BMC BladeLogic Search and click OK.
- Select the type of object for which you want to search.
- Component Templates
- For Match, select one of the following:
- any — Objects must match at least one of the membership conditions you define (equivalent to a logical "or" for the conditions you specify).
- all — Objects must match all of the membership conditions you define (equivalent to a logical "and" for the conditions you specify).
- To specify the search criteria, do the following:
- In the next drop-down box to the right, select the name of a property. For example, select DATE_CREATED.
- In the next drop-down box to the right, select a comparison-operator, such as begins with, is one of, or is before.
- In the next field to the right, provide a value or values for the property.
For example, to search for all windows computers, select OS in the first drop-down, then select equals, then select windows.
- To create another condition, click the plus sign to the right of the condition you have just defined. An additional line for another condition appears.
- To delete a row representing a condition, click the minus sign to the right of that condition.
- Click Search. To see the results, expand Search.
The results are saved until you perform another search or until you use the returned search results to define a smart group (see Defining a smart group).