Creating or modifying Update Server Properties Jobs
The Update Server Properties Job lets you automatically update intrinsic server property values for a list of targeted servers.
This topic contains the following sections:
Running an Update Server Properties Job ensures that BMC Server Automation reflects the current values for all the intrinsic properties on your servers. Intrinsic properties are properties that are derived from the nature and configuration of a server, such as the server's name, root directory, operating system, and so forth. For a complete list of intrinsic properties, see Intrinsic properties.
To create an Update Server Properties Job
- To create a new Update Server Properties Job, do one of the following:
- Open the Servers folder and select a server. Right-click and select Administration Task > Update Server Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Open the Jobs folder and navigate to the job folder where you want to create a new Update Server Properties Job. Right-click the job folder and select New > Administration Task > Update Server Properties Job from the pop-up menu.
The New Update Server Properties Job wizard opens.
- Provide information for the Update Server Properties Job, as described in the following sections:
- Click Finish after completing the last step of the wizard.
To modify an Update Server Properties Job
Do any of the following:
- To modify the definition of an existing Update Server Properties Job, open the Jobs folder and navigate to an existing job. Right-click the job and select Open from the pop-up menu. The content editor displays a series of tabs that correspond to panels in the New Update Server Properties Job wizard. Use the tabs to modify the job definition. The following topics describe the contents of the tabs:
- To see or modify any properties, permissions, or audit trail information that apply to this job, select the Properties, Permissions, or Audit Trail tab group.