Bundling snapshot results into a BLPackage
When viewing snapshot results, you can bundle them into a BLPackage.
When a snapshot contains multiple server object types, you can choose the contents you want to bundle by selecting individual server objects, a node representing a server object type, or multiple nodes.
To bundle snapshot results into a BLPackage
- Use the Jobs folder to display the results of a snapshot, as described in Snapshot and change tracking results.
- Expand the results of a job run.
- Expand the Server Viewnode and do one of the following:
- Bundle the contents of a server object type by selecting the node representing that type of server object. Then, right-click and select Add to Depot as > BLPackage. A wizard for bundling snapshot results appears. Proceed to 4.
- Select individual server objects by expanding the node for a server object type and selecting individual server objects in the table on the right. Then, right-click and select Add to Depot as > BLPackage. A wizard for bundling snapshot results appears. Proceed to 4.
- Bundle the contents in a snapshot for an entire server by selecting the node representing that server. Then, right-click and select Add to Depot as > BLPackage. The Create BLPackage wizard opens. Use it to create a BLPackage based on the server objects included in the snapshot. See Adding a BLPackage to the Depot.
- If the package includes software that does not match software stored in the depot, the Install Software - Select Matching Software window appears. Use it to match software in the depot with software in the package you are bundling. See Matching software with depot items.
- Provide information for the wizard, as described in the following sections:
- After completing the last step of the wizard, click Finish.