Exporting results of an audit or snapshot
When viewing Snapshot or Audit Job results, you can export the results to an HTML or CSV format. For snapshots, you can export both snapshot and change tracking results.
The export procedure gives you two formatting options:
- HTML format, which is suitable for printing or viewing with a web browser
- Comma-separated value (CSV) format, which can be imported into databases or spreadsheets.
If you export audit results, the information that is exported is formatted and packaged with some additional information to make it more understandable.
When you export results, you can use the Servers view to export from any level of the results tree for snapshot or audit results. For example, if you choose to export from the top level of the audit results tree, all the results of the audit are exported. If you select a server object, such as Registry, all server objects of that type are exported. If you select a particular server object, such as a file directory or a registry hive, the contents of that server object are exported.
To export results of an audit or snapshot
- Access audit, snapshot, or change tracking results.
- From the audit or snapshot results tree displayed in the left pane, select the branch of the results you want to export. When viewing audit results, you must view results by server.
- Right-click and select one of the following:
- Export Snapshot Results
- Export Change Tracking Results
- Export Results (for Audit Job results)
The Export Results dialog box appears.
- On the dialog box, for Object Name, provide a file name and location where you want to store the exported results. For Object Type, select one of the following file formats:
- Print-friendly version (HTML format) — Saves results in an HTML format so they can be printed or viewed in a web browser. Use this option for easy viewing of exported results.
- Analysis version (CSV format) — Save results in a comma-separated value format so they can be imported into databases or spreadsheets. If you import the resulting CSV file into a spreadsheet, you must adjust column widths and set line wrapping to make the spreadsheet easily readable.
- From File encoding, select the type of character encoding to be used for the exported data, such as UTF8 or UTF16.
- On the Export Results dialog box, click Save.