Property authorization updates for SP1
BMC Server Automation version 8.2 SP1 provides a more consistent approach to the authorizations needed to modify properties.
- To modify any type of property except a user-created property, you must have a Modify authorization. For example, to modify the SERVER.STAGING_DIR property, you must have the Server.Modify authorization.
- To modify a user-created property for a built-in property class, you must have the ModifyProperties authorization. For example, if your organization has created a SERVER.BUSINESS_UNIT property, you need the Server.ModifyProperties authorization to change that property.
- To modify a property for a custom property class, you must have the PropertyInstance.Modify authorization.
The new requirements for authorizations result in the following changes from earlier releases:
- Changing the NAME or DESCRIPTION property for any object previously required both the Modify and ModifyProperties authorizations. That action now requires only the Modify authorization.
- Changing any of the following properties previously required the ModifyProperties authorization. That action now requires the Modify authorization.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you