Changing configuration settings using the Application Server Configuration wizard
To change configuration settings on an Application Server, you can use the Application Server Configuration wizard (blappconf). This wizard presents the same information as the Post-Installation Configuration wizard, except that it is in a tabbed format and shows current settings in text boxes.
You can change the following settings:
- Database connection parameters
- File server name and storage location
- Notification servers - SMTP server and email address from which notification emails originate and SNMP server and port to which SNMP traps are sent
After super-user passwords are set in the Post-Installation Configuration wizard, you cannot use the Application Server Configuration wizard to change them. You must use the RBAC Administration tool.
The following topics describe how to change setting using the wizard:
To start the Application Server Configuration wizard
To change the configuration of the default Application Server, use one of the following methods:
- From the Windows Start menu, select Programs > BMC Software > BladeLogic Server Automation Suite > Utilities > Application Server Configuration Wizard.
- From the directory where BMC Server Automation is installed, enter the following:
On a UNIX system, from the directory where BMC Server Automation is installed, enter the following:
To change the configuration of a specific Application Server when there are multiple Application Servers on the same host, enter the following:
\bin\blappconf -s <applicationServerName>
<applicationServerName>is the name of the Application Server you want to change.
blappconf -s JobServer1
If you specify:
blappconf -s, changes affect the specified deployment.
-soption, changes affect only the default deployment.
Application Servers created on the host in the future will not have the changes. To have changes affect future Application Servers, use this command to configure the template deployment:
blappconf -s _template
To change the configuration
- In the Application Server Configuration wizard, make any desired changes.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Application Server.